In honour of fathers’ day tomorrow I thought it fitting to honour the best dads on TV. From the knowledgeable caregivers you looked up to as a kid to the flawed and well-intentioned patriarchs of a more current television landscape, these are the men who’s fatherly devotion really made an impression.
1. Keith Mars – Veronica Mars
2. Sandy Cohen – The O.C.
3. Alan Matthews – Boy Meets World
4. Ray Campbell- Sister, Sister
5. Danny Tanner – Full House
6. Jed Bartlet –The West Wing
7. Heathcliff Huxtable– The Cosby Show
[2017 update: we thought about changing this but an actor is not a character so he stays]
8. Dr. Andy Brown – Everwood
9. Yasir Hamoudi- Little Mosque on the Prairie
10. Martin Crane – Frasier
Best Non-Dad Dad:
Rupert Giles- Buffy the Vampire Slayer