Tonight’s Golden Globes Award Ceremony left much to celebrate. The most notable being:
– KATE WINSLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After countless fruitless award nominations, my favourite actress finally gets rewarded for her hard work and immeasurable talent. She wins Best Supporting Actress in a Drama for her flawless portrayal of Hannah Schmitz in The Reader, giving a beautiful and humble acceptance speech.
Oh, and SHE WINS ANOTHER ONE!!!!!! Best Actress in a Drama also goes to Kate for Revolutionary Road. She can’t believe it. I can’t believe that she manages to be so freaking awesome, even when freaking out.
– Mickey Rourke. His performance in The Wrestlerwas a tour de force like I’ve never seen. He wins Best Actor in a Drama and gives a lovely and not at all embarrassing speech.
– Heath Ledger rightfully wins Best Supporting Actor for playing The Joker. Everyone stands. Chris Nolan accepts on his behalf.
– Tina Fey wins yet again for 30 Rock and gives another flawlessly funny self-effacing speech. Jane Krakowski has a conniption when reading the envelope with Tina’s name in it.
And when 30 Rock again wins Best Comedy Series, Creative PoohBah Tina lets Tracey Morgan accept the award instead of her talking again. He says that they had a deal that if Obama was elected Tracey’d get to speak for the show.
– Ricky Gervais congratulates “Winslet” by bringing up her guest spot on his sitcom Extras, in which she, playing herself, says that if you do a Holocaust movie you win awards.
– Emma Thompson jokingly offers to help an adorable Sally Hawkins as she nervously stumbles through her acceptance speech for Best Actress in a Comedy for Happy-Go-Lucky.
– Martin Scorsese presents the lifetime achievement award to his best friend, Steven Spielberg.
– and Kate Winslet. Did I say that already? Oh well, she’s awesome, I’ll say it again: KATE WINSLET FINALLY WINS AWARDS!!!